Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Blue sky above grey clouds


 

One of the easiest things to forget on cloudy days is the presence of the hope-filled blue sky above.

Likewise, it’s so easy to forget when we are encumbered by grey cloud emotions that what exists beyond it is a blue sky more hope-filled reality above it.

There is a blue sky above, on the sunny days when life is easy, and also on those harder, darker, cloudy days and seasons.

We often need to be reminded. I know when I have suffered my darkest days, it’s almost like I have no insight for that blue sky above that reigns resplendent as an ever-present irrepressible reality. I so quickly forget that the blue sky exists beyond the cloudy circumstances of my life.

Isn’t it a cosmic irony, when we most need to see the hope-filled blue sky above, we are encumbered by this darker grey cloud that drives us into an oblivion of despair.

The opposite reality is also true, because we see people full of hope when we are in the grips of grief, and it can feel harsh and isolating when people rejoice when we are mourning.

The sky is always blue, no matter what  
I otherwise feel is true.

The sky is blue, no matter what
I’m going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment