Sunday, November 19, 2017

Read this and you are NOT alone

Photo by Luke Ellis-Craven on Unsplash

OVERWHELMED is a feeling I get when I face a spiritual attack that always seems to come as a flurry of fiery darts. These six or seven issues confound my ability to face them one-by-one, and in being overwhelmed I just tear up and acknowledge that I can only accept what I cannot change. It is all I can do so it is all I do.
If you ever feel anything like this, please, you are not alone.
We don’t have to be strong to be capable when we are weak. But we do prosper when we accept the status quo. We do not need to be afraid that we feel alone. But we can understand and forgive our fear. You would be amazed at the sheer number of people who fold under the weight of spiritual attack. You are not alone in what you feel or how intensely you feel it.
The enemy is strong and cunning. And when we are under attack, we do not seem to recall just how infinitely strong God is. The most powerful thing God can say is you are not alone… I am with you. God has not and will never abandon us.
I am about sick of the alienating message of ministers of God who say, you need to be strong, when Scripture says, be strong… and courageous. We never need to be courageous when we’re feeling strong. When we’re feeling strong we do not need God, which is a dangerous fallacy. It is only when we are feeling weak and vulnerable that we need to be courageous. People most often need the opposite; permission to be weak, to overcome it through God’s power. When we feel weak we feel alone. But when we know others are weak we know we are in the company of friends. And then weakness, as a threat, melts away.
As you read this, you are not alone. The spirit these words are typed in feels alone. Yet, we are not alone, are we? We are never truly alone.
In case you missed it, God says this: you are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment