Monday, December 23, 2019

A simple prayer for when change is desperately needed

For all that seek desperately for quiet, for stillness of heart, and tranquillity of mind, for healing of soul, this prayer is for you. For those who are sick and tired of being sick and tired. For them that need hope amid staring down the barrel of change. For anyone brought to the valley of decision... this prayer is in the language of “I”.
O GOD
As I embark on this fresh journey, would you be with me in instituting these necessary changes, one day at a time, so these changes stick this time. Make me rise knowing that every great journey starts with a single step in the right direction and make me to keep stepping in the appropriate direction.
Lord, You know me, and You know my need, and You are the only one who can sustain me as I make the changes necessary—Your changes for me, those You have been ushering into me for quite some time now, the changes You know I can make.
I thank You, God, that You give me the power to make these changes. Help me be accountable. Help me find all the right resources, and please keep my heart humble, especially in the times when I need to reach out for support or when I’m tempted to complain.
Help me to heal in the process of the changes I’m making, Father. You know how much I’ve tried before, and You know just how much help I’m going to need from You. Help me, please, Lord, stick with the process, because, Lord, You know, I get unstuck so quickly and find my old tricks again so darn easily.
Help me in terms of people, God, especially regarding certain persons and certain triggers. Help me to know how to respond, how to say no, when to implement a boundary, and give me the wisdom of kindness and grace as I communicate my need.
Help me with my responses, too, most gracious God. Give me more of that fruit of self-control that I would not react negatively, while helping me to not berate myself when I get it wrong. Give me wisdom upon Your revelation for the words to use and how to speak them and give me a heart that would act according to Your will and not my own.
Help me prioritise the right things, in the right way, in the right order, for the right reasons. Most importantly, Lord, help me know what is right, and give me courage to do what is right, even if that is potentially costly.
As prayers go, Father, You know this is a plea. Impress this most urgent need of seeking Your help on my heart, God.
In Jesus’ name,
AMEN.


Photo by Kiwihug on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment